Zoe Fiona-Grace is 5 months old today. Closer to being half a year old already. I feel like I just had her and we were making multiple trips back and forth to the NICU (so glad those days are over). She is such a joy to be around. So chill, relaxed and calm. I had to wash her 9 month clothes last night because she can't fit into 6 month clothes anymore. She's still a string bean so the clothes seem to hang on her, but she's soooo long. At her 4 month check up she surpassed Zander by a quarter inch at his 4 month check up. He's very tall for a 2 year old. Maybe my kids will be tall (although most family members on both sides are short (except for my immediate side of the family).
I started her on rice cereal mixed with bananas, which she gobbles up each evening. She's rolling all over the place, back to tummy, tummy to back. She has great eye coordination and has a kung foo grip when she holds you or holds a toy. Sleeping much better at night. Friends who haven't seen her in a while or who meet her for the first time can't get over how healthy and normal she is (and how much hair she has). I think when you hear her story and know she has a heart condition, most expect to have her look sickly. But by looking at her, you would never know what she has undergone and what heart defects are still present.
We had a great Fourth of July which we celebrated Zander's 2nd birthday (again). Who doesn't love having fireworks on their birthday every year? Our neighborhood (6 buildings) does an annual 4th of July parade, having families with kids parade around the block in their strollers, trikes, bikes. Mind you it was 103 degrees yesterday, which all our neighbors were sweating at 9:00 a.m. Zoe and I only lasted about 30 minutes. She was burning up and sweating so bad (remember she's sweaty already, but add the helmet to the mix and heat = very crabby baby). I left with her while Mike continued with the fun with Zander. Most of the neighbors all have kids around the same age as Zander and Zoe. They had a fire truck at the end of the parade for the kids to climb on and take pictures. The firefighters ended up opening up the fire hydrants for the kids (and adults). Future Fighter in training? Needless to say Zander had a blast!
And celebrating his birthday back at the house!
Keep us in your prayers for Tuesday's appointment with the Pediatric Surgeon. I'm sure Zoe is doing just fine, I just get so nervous for these appointments.









No comments:
Post a Comment