Wednesday, October 17, 2012

3 weeks post surgery

So the infamous question I get asked alot is, "How is Zoe doing"?  And my response is AMAZING!  Just passed the three week mark of post surgery.  I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  She seems so much more active and we have to stop her from doing stuff that she shouldn't be doing until her sterum is completely healed (first week of November she can go back to pulling herself up and we an pick her up normally, versus by the crotch or cradling). 

She has three teeth since her hospital stay.  Two on the bottom and one on the top.  But we all know teeth come in pairs, so its just a matter of time when the second one actually pops through on the top.  Its been many sleepless nights for this mama.  But then again, I feel like I haven't slept since October 2009 when I found out I was pregnant with Zander.  I'll get sleep eventually, right?:)

November we have a few doctor appointments for her.  Mostly to start her synagis shots (for RSV).  She'll get one shot a month until April.  We have her 9 month check up and shots.  All her big doctor appointments are pushed until January, unless for some reason we feel something is wrong. 

She still is clammy, but according to our cardiologist, the VSD is no longer seen in the echo.  So maybe she'll just be a clammy person?  From all the heart boards I belong to, it seems as if most babies with CHD's are clammy.  We stop her lasix next week.  Her cranial band should be off in the next month or so.  We're just moving right along!

We're excited to actually start doing all fun stuff with the kids.  I feel like we kept her in a bubble for so long due to her polysplenia and then knowing she would have heart surgery.  Our community is hosting a family Halloween party (just wait for pics, you will laugh when you see Zoe and my husbands costume--Zander and I are a pretty good team too).  I'm just excited to start all the fun holiday stuff with my family.  I'm a Christmas freak, I love everything about Christmas (I listen to Christmas music all year long--it puts me in a good mood).  Last year Christmas was really tough for me due to everything that was going on with Zoe in utero.  Then on Christmas day I started having contractions really bad, and over NYE, I was in the hospital for preterm labor.  This Christmas means so much to me, my little girl is home and doing well, Zander will be 2.5 and be much more fun to open presents.  I just feel like I'm living and so much happier!!!

November 3rd is creeping up on us.  The benefit should be a great time.  We have so many wonderful items for the silent auction.  I hope you all can attend.  If you would still like to donate, you can donate directly to the bank or hit the "donate" tab to the right where it goes to a paypal account.

Thank you all for your continued support!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment