As of now it seems as if she was graced with great skin like her father's Puerto-Rican coloring. Zander immediately turns brown (even after 110 SPF). But for now, Zoe is kept in the shade cooling off with her mom. I, on the other hand, have more freckles that come out and resemble a lobster on most hot summer days (even with SPF 110 :) ).
Zoe is back to eating like she normally does. Phew. I tried getting her in the crib last night, but she kept waking up when I put her in it. We never raised the crib after Zander because it was a huge process to do. But, there's no way she's going to ever sleep in there if we don't raise it. The drop is too low, so by the time I place her head on the mattress she wakes up. She still loves to be swaddled, which we're trying to wean her of that. I goggled "how to get your baby not to be unswaddled" and came across ZipaDeeZip. I'm the queen of buying every sort of contraption, doo hickey, etc. baby wise. When Zander had acid reflux, I tried it all. So with Zoe, I'm determined to get her to be unswaddled so I can still sleep at night versus getting up every 45 minutes because she realizes shes not held or swaddled. We would love for her to roll on her tummy if she wants to versus being a burrito all night long. This Zipadeezip wearable blanket seems promising.
I was worried that Zander would keep her up at night, but she can sleep through anything (as long as she's swaddled). So with her going to bed around 6:30-7ish, then Zander about an hour later, I'm hoping that sharing a room won't be a problem, because there's no other option! It'll just be another process to overcome just like the toddler bed.
We're waiting to hear back from Cranial Technology on when she will get fitted for her band. I'm hoping sometime this week. The sooner she starts wearing it, the sooner it will be off.
I also wanted to wish some very important guys in my life a fantastic Father's Day.
First off, my husband, best friend and a fabulous father....on most days, he's daddy day care. I don't know many men who can actually be the "stay at home parent". He looses his patience like any parent would, but has the most amazing love and bond with our children. Not many families are lucky enough to have the dads around as much as we are. We're so fortunate due to his work schedule. Zander and Zoe are so lucky to have him as a father (and he is so lucky to have two amazing children). Happy Father's Day babe!
July 2010
February 2012
Next up is my father, Bill. I've always had a close relationship with my father. Our family has gone through some tough times and I have always felt that I could talk to him about anything. He no longer lives here in Illinois, so we don't see him very often. He's been a fantastic father to my sister and I, and now he's a great and fun "Grandpa" to my kids. We're fortunate that his job allows him to travel, so he tries and sees us once a month or once every two months. Happy Father's Day Dad!
And lastly, is Elbin, my father-in-law. This man is truly a remarkable man. I'm not just saying that to earn extra brownie points. He and Fran do so much for Mike and I (and the kids). Whether it be loosing our keys and dropping off a spare key, getting locked out and coming to open the door, needing someone to help go to the store, watch the dogs, own our dogs:), take Zander for the day, pick up milk, the list goes on and on and on. He walks me to the bus stop each morning and greets me at the bus stop in the evenings. There are no words that I can say other than "Thank You". Papa is Zander's best friend, when Papa walks through the door, Zander's eyes just light up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all that you do. Happy Father's Day!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment