Monday, August 27, 2012

ER Visit

I had the perfect day planned out for our little family.  A "Day Out with Thomas the Train".  My son loves is obsessed with trains, especially Thomas.  Little did I know we would be going to doctor appointments all weekend.

On Friday Zander had a fever, but it went away after a dose of medicine.  I took the kids to visit daddy at work on Saturday morning.  He loves "daddy's wheels" (what he calls fire trucks).  However, he was not himself, wasn't having any fun and kept complaining of a "boo boo" when he took a sip of something to drink.

Yes, I'm that mom that calls the doctor immediately.  However, I have a daughter who can't get sick, especially now with surgery in the next 4 weeks.   I take Zander to the doctor and they ruled out Strep and an Ear Infection.  His throat was red, and they said it was probably viral, but he's fighting it off.  Later that evening he was totally fine.

Sunday, we head out to Union, IL with my inlaws for a fun day.  We had a blast.  When we got home, as I was taking Zoe out of her car seat, her cheeks looked like Santa Claus' cheeks.  So rosy, so hot.  I took her temp and it was 102.3.  I freaked out, we called cardiology and Mike took her to the ER as I stayed home with Zander.

She didn't get to sleep because so many doctors came in to examine her.  Upset Mike like you wouldn't believe.  She threw up all over him last night.  It was awful. I ended up going in the morning and told the nurse and doctors absolutely do not wake her up when she's sleeping.  While I was there, she was able to sleep for a little bit.  She was inconsolable for most of the day.  I cried with her.  She's always smiling, always happy.  Listening to her scream was heart breaking.  She hasn't eaten since Sunday morning, refuses the bottle.  She has a TPN line right now to get her antibiotics and nutrition.

They have ruled out alot of bacteria infections.  They can't perform strep culture tests on infants.  So they are assuming its viral since all her cultures are coming back normal.  I brought back Mike's dirty clothes from when Zoe threw up on him and when I pulled them out, Mike noticed they had green bile on it.  This is a red flag for us.  Pediatric surgery told us any time we see green bile come out of her mouth, we have to call them immediately.  So now, we're waiting to see what Pediatric Surgery says about her intestines.

I miss her so much.  Zander had a meltdown tonight for 20 minutes crying about "Baby".  Their cribs are adjacent to each other and he always talks to her before he goes to sleep (she's always asleep).  It broke my heart.

Thank you for your kind words, support, prayers, etc.  Will keep everyone updated.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! This just breaks my heart for all of you. Poor Zoe! Saying many prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete