Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend and Online Benefit!

Its Saturday morning, cartoons are on, Zander is building a tower with his magnet tiles (obsessed with these) and sweet Zoe is still sleeping.  I was up with her from 3-5.  For whatever reason she didn't want to go back to her crib.  When I went to go put her paci back in at 3, she rolled over and looked at me and smiled.  Normally, I would be a little annoyed because this mama needs her sleep, but I smiled back, picked her up and took her to the couch and we slept for about an hour.  I could tell she wasn't comfortable (she really does prefer her crib).  6:30 a.m. and I'm so exhausted.  Double Shot of Expresso just isn't cutting it, but I don't care.  As I don't get that much time with her during the week (she's in bed by 6:15).  I'm taking advantage of this extra cuddle time.

Alot of people have asked how I'm doing.  Again, thank you for all the sweet messages, texts, etc.  Thursday was rough.  I knew that/this day would be coming, just wasn't prepared to actually HEAR the words.  It's just a differently feeling when I'm talking about her heart to other people, but to have it scheduled on the calendar, well its more than sad.   But, Zoe needs this in order to live and we're ready for her to live a much more normal life than having all these appointments after appointments.  If all goes well and nothing new pops up when they open her up, we shouldn't have to have any other surgeries after this.  We'll just have to worry about her spleen and illnesses (fever of 100.4 + always a trip to the ER-forever)

But I'm doing ok.  Work is insanely busy so I'm really focusing on that to keep my mind off of things.  I have a trial at the end of October on one of my cases, so preparation for that will go in full force in a month.  Also helping me stay away from google :).  Its just hard to put out of mind how it was with her intestinal surgery.  Handing her over was the saddest and scariest day for Mike & I.  Unless your child has had invasive surgery, I don't think you can fully understand the emotions that are involved.  But now with the heart....we have to trust someone to play God for the day.  Just scary and nerve racking.

As Zoe's benefit is a week before surgery, I think it worked out perfectly.  Mike and I can be around people that are supporting Zoe and us, and we can have one care free night before we have to get ready for her big day.  November really isn't that far away...

A sweet friend of my sister's was generous to donate 20% of all sales to Zoe's Medical fund "Zoes Journey" 

Shop for school, birthdays, Christmas, with this special 31 Gifts link and Zoe's medical fund will receive 20% of all Sales. Shop 8

/3-8/14! *AUGUST SPECIAL - For every $31 you spend you can get ANY Spirit Line item for 50% off. PLUS, embroidery is only $5!*

Please shop and share this, we greatly appreciate it!!! please click on this link: 31 Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment