Friday, December 30, 2011

Out with the Old, in with The New

Can't believe 2011 is coming to an end.  What a year!  Celebrated Zander's 1st Birthday, our 3 year wedding anniversary, my dad and Maureen got married, found out we conceived au natural, then found out all the possible heart ache one mother could endure.  I only hope 2012 brings us happiness and strength to get through the next 12 months of surgeries and everything else that goes along with it.

I see my OB next week, but I'm still measuring 37 weeks.  Although I feel even bigger then I did last week.  Its getting much harder to get around without huffing and puffing.  The Zman can't catch a break with teething and he took full advantage of my sleep this past week while I was off.  He didn't want Daddy, only Mommy.  Not sure if he liked resting on the bump, but Zoe nor myself liked it very much.  Nearly a 30lb kid pressing on your tummy is not fun.

Since I need 13 surgeons and doctors in the delivery room with me, I'm no longer leaving Chicago city limits.  I can't afford to be stuck on the expressway or out in the burbs where the hospitals don't have pediatric surgeons available.  A few of my friends recently had babies, another friend is due any day, birthday parties lined up, friends are in from out of town, but the Reyes are going to have to miss it all.  Its unfortunate, but the health of my baby girl and myself is most important right now.

Christmas Recap....oh it was such a fun holiday with Zander.  We weren't sure if he would grasp the idea of ripping the paper on the presents since he's 17 months, but he had so much fun! It was clearly a "Thomas the Train" Christmas since he's obsessed with trains, planes and automobiles.  This little man made our Christmas so much more fun.  Just look at that sweet face. He's truly our pride and joy. I look at him and my husband and never take a day for granted.  The last photo is hilarious, 1) it shows how MASSIVE I am, 2) Mike was ready to catch "Zoe" if she popped out.  I was having horrible contractions all day, and he was trying to make light of the situation.  Hilarious.





WISHING YOU A HEALTHY, HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment