Had my 34 week check up with the doctor today. I was secretly hoping for more progress since I've been so uncomfortable and in agony, but to my dismay, Zoe is staying put. I'm still dilated at a 2. I'm beginning the process of labor, but its going slow. I guess my uterus just likes to contract painfully and not really make my body dilate anything further than where I am now. I'm officially on bed rest. He wants minimal activity so we can keep her in for a bit longer.
It is a full moon tonight, so maybe tonight? Wishful thinking. I know each day inside is better. My gut has always said the middle of January so maybe this weekend or next. The constant contractions have stopped since early yesterday morning. Now for the last 2 days its just been constant cramping, like menstrual cramps. Not fun either.
In 3 days time I am now measuring a week bigger. I'm now measuring 39 weeks. The fluid just won't stop producing. If I make it to 39 weeks, I will be induced. Hopefully he'll let me schedule it on Valentine's Day (will be my 39th week). I think it would be a perfect birthday. A heart holiday for a heart baby. But I really can't imagine contracting for another 5 weeks...UGH. So little miss Zoe. How about we wait until 35/36 weeks then come out? I'm ready to meet you!
Next fetal echo is on Wednesday, hoping she says some of the holes closed. Here's to more positive thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment