Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stir Crazy....

For all of those moms who were on bed rest, I'm sure you can understand and relate when I say I'm going crazy sitting at home!  Tuesday will be two weeks since I've been home as well as 10 weeks left of my maternity leave :(.  Still no sign of Zoe making her debut.  I think I'm surprising most people and the doctors.  I'm getting bigger each week, and of course its harder to walk without sounding like I'm dying.  Zander has been keeping me on my toes and making me do things that I probably shouldn't (bending down, him sitting on me, etc.) I have less than a week before I hit 36 weeks and that's where the cardiologists would like me to get to.  It will be better for Zoe.  Or as my mom puts it, she will be a Valentine's Day baby (if my doctor will induce me then, that would be perfect).

Am I still uncomfortable?  Yes.  Still contracting?  Yes.  Horrible cramping?  Yes.  Lots of lower pressure? Yes.  I'm really ready for her to be here!

Mike and I decided that once I deliver and recover for a few days I will be going back to work since Zoe will be in the NICU for some time.  I really want to be able to be home with her and bond with her that way versus me just going to the hospital for hours at a time.  Plus I think it'll be easier on everyone when she does come home, she could have a feeding tube.  I would want to be home with her.  So I'm praying she comes soon so my maternity leave isn't eaten up too much.

Yesterday we received another beautiful and thoughtful gift from one of my sister's old friends from college.  Stephanie Gatses Theodorou wrote me an email about a week ago telling me she's been following our blog and that she feels like she knows Zoe and wanted to send us Greek Orthodox Prayer Bead bracelets.  We received the prayer bracelets yesterday.  She made one for Mike, me, Zander and Zoe.  Zander has been wearing his around the house (he's so proud of it).

For those who don't know, Mike is part greek, so this means a lot to us.  Mike's maternal grandfather, Alexander Karamitsos, was born in Greece and came over to Chicago and met Mike's grandmother. Unfortunately, Mike never met his grandfather, but has learned alot from his mom.  When we were pregnant with Zander, I really wanted to name our first born after family members.  My grandfather was a big part of my life and deep down I truly believe he was the reason Zander is here (I know I've said that before).  His first name was Edward (although went by Bill).  Mike's middle name is Alexander.  We knew we didn't want to call him Alex, and we loved just "Zander".  I went off on a tangent.....Zander is greek and means "Defender of the People".  Mike and I have always loved the name Zoe.   And since we went with the Greek themed names, Zoe means life.  How appropriate for this little angel.

With Stephanie's gift, she enclosed this note to explain the bracelets:

Prayer bracelets are so special because for every knot that is tied a Greek Orthodox nun or monk say a prayer. Thats a lot of praying!  The one with the icons is for you.(I wore mine through both my pregnancies and i felt safe and like God and his saints were by my side) The black one is for your husband, the blue is for Zander and the pink for PRECIOUS ZOE! 

I wish you the best of luck with everything!! May God be with you through your delivery. May he be with Zoe through her journey and everything she has to go through. God is amazing and works in mysterious ways. Zoe has touched so many people. (My whole family asks me how you are and if Zoe is here yet) I think about you all the time!! baby Zoe is in my heart and I have a lot of love for that baby!!! I can't wait to see baby Zoe's pictures and one day hopefully we can meet her in person!! 

Lots of Love to your whole family,

Stephanie
 

Stephanie and Family....thank you so much.  We will treasure these forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment