I am sleep deprived. Totally exhausted. I've had two extremely rough nights without much sleep. And its not from Zoe, its from our little man, Zander (21 mo.). He's been wanting to sleep in the toddler bed after we had him it almost 2 weeks ago. However, he still moves all over the place in the bed and eventually falls out of the bed. Since we live in a loft, I hear everything. Every jostle in his sleep, every light snore, every cough. Truthfully there's no need for a monitor, but it makes me feel better that I have something at my bedside. Every 2-3 hours, he has fallen out of the bed. So I get up and pick him back up. He wakes up feeling so proud of himself that he can get himself out to the family room or come find me in bed. However, this mama is so tired. In between all the pick ups, Zoe is getting up between 3-4, so I really don't feel like I'm sleeping. Tonight is the first night I'll be doing the toddler bed solo since Mike is at work. I have no idea how I'll figure this out since Zoe needs to be held constantly. She's passed out in the swing (FINALLY) so I'm hoping she sleeps at least another 2-3 hours so I can focus on my son's sleep! Thank goodness for Starbucks though!
This is my last week off with both kiddos. I'm so extremely said. These last 5 weeks have gone by so fast. The 31 days in the NICU seem like it happened eons ago, almost as if it was a blur. I can't believe she's been home for 5 weeks already. We have her 2 month check up tomorrow (shots :( ), cardiology appointment on Wednesday and Pediatric appointment (check her incision) on Saturday. Lots of appointments this week. I only hope to hear she's gaining like she should be and that maybe (just maybe) the holes don't appear too bad anymore. Wishful thinking. She's still sweating and pants during feeds, but nothing that seems to alarming to us.
She's holding her head up so well. She's a rockstar sleeper at night. She needs to be held almost all day or she's screaming (and we don't let her cry). She just started letting us sit her in her bouncer for nearly 20-30 minutes to let us eat or get somethings done. Only hope that continues.
Well here's some recent pictures...and this blog is short since she's now up from the 10 minute nap! Please say some extra prayers that her heart looks good. We appreciate it! xoxo
Can you believe she's 2 months old already??????
Here's Zoe at 8 weeks and Zander at 11 weeks....they can pass as twins!
I thought it would be fun to see their monthly shots side by side for comparison. And yes, they do appear to look like they are related :)
And here's some shots from Easter weekend...



The pic of Zoe in the dress in her bouncer made me laugh--she looks so unimpressed with it all LOL She is so adorable :)
ReplyDelete